Over time, it’s easy to get bored with a room, but that doesn’t mean you need to toss everything out and start over. Sometimes a few changes can make the same furniture look completely different, fresh and new!
Where to start?
● Take a look at the room and decide what you love and what you can live without. This doesn’t mean it has to be gone forever, but simple swaps can create a whole new look.
● Look at your colors. If things have the same tone, it’s easy and fun to find a new color that you love to accent what you already have.
● Lastly, look at the arrangement. If the couch, chairs, and tables have been in the same place, just moving things around can open up space or make it a cozier set up. The options are limitless!
● If you have dark colored furniture, brighten the room with throw pillows, small area rugs, a vase or even a new lampshade in a bright bold color like a vibrant red or gold.
● Make the changes subtle to make it all blend in while still making the room pop.
● Curtains are also a major focal point for each room. They accent the windows, which are kind of like the eyes of the room. Finding a color or pattern that gives the room a fresh look can make for a dramatic change.
● Don’t be afraid to move the furniture around and try different setups – you can always move it back if it doesn’t work, but you won’t know until you try.
● Mirrors can completely change the look of a room. It will not only make it appear larger, but it can often be the piece that pulls the whole look together.
Get more ideas from friends and magazines and have fun exploring with colors and patterns!